lucan sarsfields gaa club
Lucan Sarsfields GAA Club Return to Play
June 23, 2020
This document outlines the local arrangements within the club for the safe return to play. In the event of any conflict between this document and the GAA document, the most up to date GAA document takes precedence.
Before returning to training:
- All players must have paid their club membership in order to be covered by the relevant Injury Fund.
- All adults who volunteer with juvenile teams and/or adult teams with juvenile players must have up to date Garda vetting and Safeguarding completed
- All players, mentors and parents/guardians of juvenile players must read the Covid-19 Guidelines on Safe Return to Gaelic Games – <https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19>
- All teams must have a Covid-19 supervisor. Where there are multiple teams of the same age group & code, the lead mentor must make a decision on how many supervisors are required. The name of the Covid-19 supervisor must be advised to the relevant games secretary.
- All adult players and parents/guardians of juvenile players must complete the Online training - https://courses.gaa.ie/Covid19ClubEd/#/ and send their cert electronically to the Covid supervisor for their team
- Training may not resume until the Covid-19 supervisor has been identified.
When attending training:
- All players must complete the Online Health Questionnaire before their first training session - https://returntoplay.gaa.ie
- Health status must be reconfirmed before each subsequent session
- Players and mentors should bring their own hand sanitiser for training venues outside of the club
- There will be no access to toilets at the club. Due to the large number of teams using the club, it will not be possible to manage the disinfecting of the toilets to the required standard.
- In the event that a player becomes unwell during training, they will be cared for beside the pitch until they can be collected.
- The clubhouse and dressing rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- Teams must train only on their designated slot at the allocated time.
- Any training away from the approved pitches (club, AGP, St Catherines Park) must be approved in advance by the relevant games secretary.
- Mentors should sanitise equipment – balls, sliotars, cones etc using a household disinfectant, as advised by the HSE
All GAA documentation available at https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19
Also see the Frequently Asked Questions on https://learning.gaa.ie/covid19faqs
Any questions relating to local arrangements can be submitted here – https://bit.ly/ReturnToPlayQuery